Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Well, as I sit down to write I find I don't have that much to blog about, but I'm going to follow my own instructions to my student and put the pen to the paper, or the fingers to the keyboards if you will, and just see what comes out.
What first comes to my mind as I hear my dinner bubbling in the oven and the smell of the meatloaf wafting through the air and the sound of my children playing upstairs is how incredibly blessed I am to be able to experience life. Not just any life, but my life. There was a time in my young life when I used to seriously wonder why I was made who I am. Why couldn't I have been an Amy Anderson, the most popular girl in middle school, or an Angel Willis or Elizabeth Creech the captains of the cheerleading squads (and both very dear friends). Why was I me. Why did God place in my soul a quirky nature with the tendency to say the wrong thing at the wrong time or fall over on the way to the table or the uncanny gift of breaking things and the inability to remember important dates and times! Despite my flaws I am blessed to have some strengths... sometimes it's just hard to remember them! I am a funny mom. I am the perfect compliment to the husband who remembers everything. My quirky nature makes me an interesting to watch teacher.... especially when I run into the table or trip over a bookbag. So, the blessings are real. Sometimes they aren't noticeable. They can be overlooked. The laughter sounds annoying rather than sweet. Dinner is a chore rather than a privilege. Teaching becomes a job rather than a passion. All in all, I'm glad God made me to be me.

2 comments:

Angel said...

I happen to feel you have a worthy purpose. We as mothers / wives feel invisible at times, but the only one who sees ALL the time is the only one that matters. I have to remind myself this all the time.

I love this post. And I'm glad God made you, you. And by the way, I hated our Senior year -- I would have been lost without you! ;)

Unknown said...

I love it! And I love you just the way your are!!